For reporting a student absence, please call 860-561-2300.
At Wolcott School, we are respectful, responsible, and ready to learn!
Wolcott School uses a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) model to maintain a consistent and positive school climate. All aspects of the school climate are monitored and guided by the Safe School Climate Committee.
The PBIS model operates as follows:
- Students will be respectful, responsible, and ready to learn at all times.
- Expected behaviors are taught to all students three times a year.
- Expected behaviors are posted throughout the building.
- Students are acknowledged when they exhibit expected behaviors.
- Six levels of corrective actions are used for inappropriate behaviors.
- Corrective actions are in use in every classroom in every setting.
- Data is gathered and analyzed on a regular basis.
- Data is used to make decisions that will improve the school climate.