Wolcott School uses a Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) model to maintain a consistent and positive school climate. All aspects of the school climate are monitored and guided by the Safe School Climate Committee.
The PBIS model operates as follows:
- Students will be respectful, responsible, and ready to learn at all times.
- Expected behaviors are taught to all students three times a year.
- Expected behaviors are posted throughout the building.
- Students are acknowledged when they exhibit expected behaviors.
- Six levels of corrective actions are used for inappropriate behaviors.
- Corrective actions are in use in every classroom in every setting.
- Data is gathered and analyzed on a regular basis.
- Data is used to make decisions that will improve the school climate.
At Wolcott School, we are respectful, responsible, and ready to learn!
Click here to learn more about Skills Tickets, and our montly rewards.
Click here to read more about our school wide behavior expectations.
For more information about the PBIS model, visit PBIS.org.